Zabbix 6 LTS Monitoring: Platform as a Service (“PaaS“)
Zabbix PaaS Service Features & Benefits:
- Get the latest LTS version of Zabbix installed quickly
- SNMPv3 connectivity configured for supported servers & devices
- Solution installed, maintained & supported by a Linux & Network Engineer w/ 20+ large enterprise experience
- Supplied Hardware: 64 bit ARM Linux host, (4) TB RAID 1 storage appliance, 8 port PoE+ switch & UPS
- Separate, standardized equip ensures Zabbix is insulated from faults it monitors
- (5) SNMP Device Configs/Month: switches, APs, routers, servers, storage, VOIP, IP cams
- (5) Support Tickets/Month for remote config changes (onsite support incurs additional fees)
- (2) months rollover of support & device config allowances
- Create firewall rules for connectivity between the monitoring system & SNMP devices
- Graphical “Root-Cause Analysis” to quickly isolate cause of faults on complex networks (see infographics below)
- Graphing provides visuals for analyzing reliability, performance, latency & capacity issues & trends
- Alert messaging can be redirected to email, Jira, Slack, SMS, Telegram and other popular platforms off-hours
- Staff training to operate the Zabbix monitoring solution
- Support Channels: phone, Slack, Skype; others by prior arrangement
- Single point of accountability for delivering results- there is no buck-passing
- No Vendor Lock-in: Zabbix is Opensource and the client provided with monthly data backups. Clients are sold configuration & support services, NOT licensed software the fees for which can be later raised once a customer has committed to the software vendor. Clients are therefore insulated from the risk of future cost shocks.
- Immunity from Vendor “Cancellation“: Large companies are “cancelling” clients whose politics they don’t like. Countries are “cancelling” other countries. India is being threatened with sanctions by the EU & US for violating Russia sanctions. If they do, Western companies outsourcing key IT services will be imperiled. Using Opensource for key services largely negates risk of business interruption due to politics & vendor “cancellation“
- Setup: £450 fixed fee covering the onsite install & config of service’s hardware, (25) SNMP monitored devices, firewall changes, system users & other required localization of the Zabbix Server and related services.
- Services: £50/month; min. (24) month contract.
- Equipment: £800 pre-paid deposit for equip, of which £35 is deducted until balance zeroes at contract end
- Total costs due at contract start: £1300. Thereafter, only £50/mo for months 2 through 24.
Please see “Selected Case Studies” > “eHealth Northern Nigeria” for examples of how Zabbix was employed to save the loss of a Data Center in Abuja, Nigeria
Below are (4) annotated specimen screen-shots from Zabbix’s “Maps” feature. F1Linux has created the map of dependent relationships in Zabbix 6 and made annotated screen grabs of how Zabbix performs root-cause analysis of faults, negating the need for an engineer to troubleshoot, freeing them to move directly to fault resolution.